The NTA, as a service-oriented department is responsible for
- registration and transfer of ownership of motor vehicle;
- licensing of public service vehicles and goods vehicles as well as petrol service station;
- collection of road tax and other licence fees;
- controlling and monitoring the examination of motor vehicles;
- licensing of bus conductors;
- enforcement of road transport legislation and monitoring the level of service of public transport;
- enforcement of parking regulations;
- keeping statistics relating to motor vehicles;
- planning of new transport services;
- compensation for the free travel scheme;
- payment of subsidy on diesel; and
- issue of Student Identity Card and Free Travel Bus Pass for disabled persons.
Customer Services Charter
We are committed to providing the highest levels of service to our Customers.
- We will ensure that our staff are honest, friendly and courteous and treat all our Customers as valued customers.
- We undertake to act professionally at all times and to provide quality services to match your expectations.
- We will continuously enhance our services and aim at getting things done right first time every time.
- We will interact with you to identify possible shortcomings and to provide innovative and timely solutions.
- We promise that your suggestions and complaints will be given due consideration in reviewing/improving our standards of service.
- We will provide clear, complete and accurate information on all our services.
- We will provide clear directional signs to guide you towards the services each counter/office offers.
- We will ensure that our offices and reception areas are kept clean, tidy and environmentally friendly.
- We are on hand to answer enquiries from Monday to Friday between 09h00 and 16h00.